[Geany-Devel] Devel Digest, Vol 93, Issue 2

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Thu Dec 17 10:45:37 UTC 2015

Am 15.12.2015 um 14:38 schrieb Jiří Techet:

>     I can probably find an alternative workaround for
>     document_close_all, e.g. iterate document_index(0) until it
>     returns NULL, and call document_close; so I think should be ok too.
>

> Yep, it should be pretty easy to do this manually so the question is
> whether extra API is needed.

document_close_all() is useful on its own because there's an important
detail: it's transactional. Either all or no documents are closed. As a
consequence, if one or more docs spawned a dialog (because of being
unsaved) and that dialog is cancelled, then no file is closed.

This is what's done when Geany exits. This is impossible with just doing
document_close() in a loop (unless you export
document_account_for_unsaved()).

So yes, document_close_all() should be exported.

>     Anyway, I'm sure document_close_all could be used by many plugins,
>     but filetypes_detect_from_document is not needed. The project
>     functions would be much appreciated. That's all on my xmas wishlist :)
>

> As it usually works, the best presents have to come from yourself,
> there will be just socks and pyjamas under the Christmas tree :-).

Right, Per should do the pull request, since he asks for the function.