[Geany-Devel] Geany Portable

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Aug 19 23:25:36 UTC 2015

On 15-08-19 04:20 PM, Oliver Krystal wrote:
> Yes, I'm subscribed.  Well, I use to be the developer but the facts
> should still hold true.  PortableApps.com doesn't modify the source
> code, but uses a wrapper around the program to achieve "portable-ness".
>
> If PortableApps needs a change to achieve portableness, it should be
> submitted to the maintainers of the original program for inclusion in
> the upstream(?) source.

We do have some special code about "binary relocation" for this I
believe, it was added before my time, but I think it might've broken in
the last release (1.25).

My current question though is, do you know it handles the case for the
GUI/Glade file that it loads on startup? If I understand correctly, we
hard-code the path to it at compile time, yet I'm able to freely move
the GeanyPortable folder around and it still loads fine.

Any info/tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew Brush