[Geany-Devel] Geany Portable

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Wed Aug 19 22:27:16 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I was working on some changes to Geany that may affect "Geany Portable"
so I figured I'd have a look at the changes it makes to Geany to see how
it handles binary relocation, but I can't seem to find the source
code/changes.

The link on PortableApps.com[0] seems to indicate that 1.24.1 is
available but when I check the sources on SourceForge, it only has 0.20
code (and it's not clear if it includes the changes or is just upstream
source). I'm pretty sure Geany's source code would have to be modified
in order to allow it to be "portable", since the location to the Glade
file is fixed at compile-time, which happens to be tightly related to
what I was curious about.

The website GeanyPortable.org linked on PortableApps.com seems to
redirect somewhere else now (judging by the pictures, I can't read the
language it's in).

Is the person(s) who release GeanyPortable on this mailing list, and if
so, would you mind providing me a copy of the modified source code so
that I could review it to make sure we don't further break "portable" Geany?

Thanks,
Matthew Brush

[0]: http://portableapps.com/apps/development/geany_portable