[Geany-Devel] Blank completion popups on Windows

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Wed Apr 15 13:27:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

Le 14/04/2015 21:54, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> […]
>
> Windows 7 with GTK 2.24.10.
> Nick has the same problem, we talked about this in
> http://lists.geany.org/devel/2015-January/009257.html.

Dammit, I knew I saw this recently on a thread, but apparently I can't
search my emails :)  thanks for the link.

> Your patch works for me. I personally would not mind the minimal size
> increase. I completely agree it's better than an empty popup :).

BTW, I think I found a way to avoid the oversize without subclassing
GtkScrolledWindow, which might even be a better fix for the original issue.

> What bothers me more is that for some reason this problem doesn't occur
> with the cross-compiled nightly binaries.
> This is what we noticed in the above mentioned thread already, I just
> re-tested it to get sure.
> Though I have not yet an idea what could cause the different behaviour
> by the different builds :(.

Interesting.  It doesn't surprise me much, as my patch should not fix
anything actually -- it doesn't even make sense.  I just ended up seeing
this change fixed the issue, but I have no clue why it would…

So I guess it's some kind of memory corruption or something, due to
either a bug in Geany, Scintilla or GTK, or in mingw itself…  I'll try
and see if I can track the issue down, but without Valgrind I'm afraid
I'll have a hard time…

Anyway, thanks a lot for the infos, it'll probably avoid me heading in
the wrong direction :)

Regards,
Colomban