[Geany-Devel] Blank completion popups on Windows

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Mon Apr 13 21:32:02 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I don't use my Windows VM very often, but I realized today that the
completion popups were broken there during the 1.25 cycle [1].

Could everyone using a development version of Geany under Windows tell
me whether it works for them or not, and their Windows and GTK versions?
I myself tried on XP SP3 with GTK 2.24.10.

I found a way to fix the issue, and although it doesn't make any sense,
it seem to fix it reliably.  Unfortunately it has a small side effect
that completion popup will have a minimal height that might be taller
than necessary when there is only one item in the list.  But this
cosmetic detail is probably less problematic than a blank popup, right? :)

But I'd like to know if the problem happens to everyone or not, and
whether the attached patch fixes the problem for everyone with the issue.

Thanks in advance!
Colomban

[1]
http://git.geany.org/geany/commit/?id=4d66bd3745eb3759539b116e7784d11d035ebd44