[Geany-Devel] New plugin loader mechanisms

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Sat Apr 4 09:42:29 UTC 2015

Am 29.03.2015 um 18:19 schrieb Colomban Wendling:
> So anyway, I think I'd be in favor of a failable init(), maybe like
> gboolean (*init) (..., GError **error); if we want to be able to
> msgwing_add() or whatever, but a common integrated thing might be
> worth it.

Okay, I can add the return value now. But can we agree on ignoring the
return value for now and work out what Geany should do best in a
separate thread/changeset. I just don't like to mix this UI/UX change
(which is an effort on its own because Geany obviously does not handle
failing init() at all) with the new loader.

But with GError sounds a bit overkill to me, isn't gboolean or gint
return code sufficient?

Best regards.