[Geany-Devel] Switched to Win~1
dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Sep 23 16:23:56 UTC 2014
On 22.9.2014 г. 14:12, Nick Treleaven wrote:
>> Now, Geany under Win~1 has some deficiencies, due to gtk+, so I'll
> Such as?
Compared to a regular programmers editor for Win~1:
+++ It's an IDE, not simply an editor, and is still light.
++ I have experience with it.
+ Nice plugins.
+ Real code page convertor, not "Interpret as code page foo" only.
- Non-native interface. Pretty much a norm these days, and can be fixed
to some extend.
- With gtk+2, randomly starts to eat several % of CPU time. Not a real
problem, except for laptops. With gtk+ 3.8, see "Geany with gtk+ 3.6.4
- Does not work with all monospaced TrueType fonts.
- Find in Files for locale texts is broken (passing locale file names to
tools is almost surely broken too, but the locale file names support in
glib is terrible anyway). 
- Filtering more than 4K of text may block. 
- Sync building, the resulting stdout and stderr are completely
separated. , though they still may be mixed, if the spawned program
emits lots of stdout and stderr texts fast enough. Haven't seen any real
program do that.
 OK with the spawning fix.
> GTK 4 :-o Hadn't heard of that. If it's anything like the GTK 3
> transition: be afraid!
The Big Depreciation of gtk+3 becomes The Big Removal. Don't know about
anything else, and don't care any more.
More information about the Devel