[Geany-Devel] SourceFarce

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Mon Sep 22 23:40:46 UTC 2014

On 14-09-22 04:44 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
> On 01/09/2014 03:27, Matthew Brush wrote:
>> I deleted my Source Forge account after like 20 times of losing my
>> comments. This final time it was a detailed C++ explanation on
>> Scintilla's bug tracker that took a lot of thought and effort to write,
>> which as usual I lost
>
> I've not used it much, but last week I experienced this. Submitting a
> comment when I'm apparently logged-in then made me login again, where I
> am greeted by the same page without my comment. Hitting back failed to
> allow me to recover my 'unsubmitted' comment (that sometimes works on
> other sites). Perhaps there's some kind of login timeout, but either way
> the situation sucks.

That's exactly it. I think it must be an issue between SourceForge's
user/login system and the (somehow independent-ish) Allura software
we're (trying) to use for our bug tracker. I asked on #allura freenode
channel a few times with no response, and of course to submit a bug
report requires to use SourceForge :)