[Geany-Devel] Linkage-Cleanup Build System Breakage

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Oct 26 14:14:21 UTC 2014

Hi,

> I don't really know enough about Waf to fix it. Since it needs Python
> anyway, we could just use one of its XML libraries to grab the names
> from the GtkBuilder file, and do the replacements using its
> text-handling functions. It wouldn't require sed/sort utils. I
> originally had a Python script[3] doing this, but I'm just not sure how
> to integrate that code into Waf.

I' work on the Waf part but this will take at least two weeks as I'm
almost not on the PC during the next two weeks.

> If the Win32 Nightlies break it will most likely be trivial changes to
> the Makefile.ams. I don't have an environment like it uses to test.

The Win32 nightlies are built using Waf, so fixing Waf will fix it all :).

> Geany-Plugins Autotools should be fine since it will pickup the new

I checked out codebrainz/wip/linkage-cleanup but got build errors with
autotools:

-----------snip-------------
tm_source_file.c:31:60: fatal error: ../src/pluginexport.h: No such file
or directory
 #include "../src/pluginexport.h" /* for GEANY_API_SYMBOL */
                                                            ^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:490: recipe for target 'tm_source_file.lo' failed

src/pluginexport.h seems missing?

> Is everyone OK if this PR was merged to master and we had to fix up some
> build system stuff? Alternatively, I could also add anyone for push
> rights on my geany fork or push it to a branch on main geany repo if we
> wanted to sort-out the integration issues before merging to the main
> master branch.

I don't mind which way to take.