[Geany-Devel] i want to contribute with this project

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Oct 18 10:43:49 UTC 2014

Am 18.10.2014 um 12:06 schrieb Lex Trotman:
> Frank is being modest, I'm sure much of the peak in Europe is the
> effort that he and others spend at conferences and gatherings
> promoting Geany. :)

Well, for luck we got a group of usual suspects here together with
folks of German Xfce-Community running at least some regular boothes on
local events in Germany (CLT in March, FrOScon in August, ORR in
November) and around (e.g. Prague we were two weeks ago). So it's
really not about me, but mostly about the others running all the
offline stuff. To name some it's Enrico, Jiri, Dmaphy and a bunch of
others not regular posting on lists (to have just the Geany part of our
booths)-- but some of the Germans from this list we are still missing
at the boothes ;)

However, I really think you are true. It's extremly important to do
talks, being around with boothes etc. to show what we did and what
might going to happen und so to make them use your/our crap or like to
contribute. Also it is great to meet folks from distributions like
packager and of course other usual suspects. Some of them are becoming
kind of a familiy during time and you really wonder if they are not
appearing. Also folks passing by are always happy to take stickers with
them ;) So I'd really like to encourage you to run boothes all over the
world at FLOSS-events. If you are not sure, just get in contact with us
(as we're having some experince from last 6(?) years). Also we put a
lot of stuff to the geany-talks repo incl. some posters and slides of
talks I did last years. -> https://github.com/geany/talks

Cheers,
Frank