[Geany-Devel] i want to contribute with this project

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Oct 18 10:06:49 UTC 2014

On 18 October 2014 03:25, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de> wrote:
> Am 10.10.2014 um 01:52 schrieb Steven Blatnick:>
>> I think you'll like this group.  They are responsive, and I've seen
>> a good variety of people from all over the world respond to this
>> list. The only pitty is I don't know where everyone is from.  I think
>> it would be interesting to see how we're distributed throughout the
>> world.  It seems Colomban is from France, based on his reply text,
>> Frank seems to have a German email address, and I don't know where
>> the others are.
>
> Maybe we should add a world map somewhere. From my personal experince
> there is a little peak of developers/contributors/user in Germany.
> Maybe because of the reasons it's where everything started or because I
> just think as I meet more Germans using Geany than maybe Japanese.
> However, as you can see from transaltions we're having users all over
> the world and that's a real great thing. Main developers are all around
> the globe -- again a little peak in Europe.

Frank is being modest, I'm sure much of the peak in Europe is the
effort that he and others spend at conferences and gatherings
promoting Geany. :)

The one side effect of the timezone spread is that it is often best to
discuss things on ML or github not on IRC, to give people in all the
different time zones a chance to respond.  Otherwise you only get
input from those who happen to be online at that moment.