[Geany-Devel] Windows installer snapshots with GTK 2.24

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Oct 15 15:42:24 UTC 2014

On 14/10/14 23:04, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Le 14/10/2014 19:50, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
>> [...]
>>
>> - auto completion popup is rendered incorrectly
>
> I don't see that on my GTK 2.24.10, it works just fine here.

Ok, maybe it is because I work remotely via RDP on Windows and this
could cause the effect.
If nobody else notices it, then it is alright.

>> - some icons are missing/not displayed correctly
>
> I never really noticed, but I have this problem too.
>

> BTW, I couldn't build current Git with Waf, with the error
> "SHGFP_TYPE_CURRENT undefined", I had to manually include win32-config.h
> to have the right pre-processor defines.  Any insight on how it should
> be fixed? (or rather, please fix it! ;)

I just fixed it in 5a243f :).
Waf don't use win32-config.h (because it dynamically creates a proper
config.h also on Windows). So I defined the two macros directly in
wscript so they get written into the config.h on Windows.

It seems these macros are necessary on older Mingw environments, at
least this is my guess. On my Windows 7 system with a fresh Mingw
environment from the Strawberry Perl distribution, I don't need to
define those. For the Geany nightly builds I had to define those but
these are cross-compiled against an old Mingw version.