[Geany-Devel] Proxy Plugins Update

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Nov 13 12:50:29 UTC 2014

To summarise our IRC discussion:

1. If the libpeas and the gobjectification can be split then I would
say  that would be the better way to do it, as two steps.

2. If changes required for core plugins and GP plugins can be
mechanised and don't require any changes by GP plugin maintainers then
those should be peasified as part of the release that supports
libpeas.

3. Support for third party plugins depends on how much of the
automation from the core/GP changes can be re-used by third party
plugin authors to minimise their efforts, compared to how much effort
is required to support them for one Geany release period (as described
below).  More info on exactly what each option entails is needed but
my gut feeling is that unless the effort is minimal it risks those
plugins being unavailable for a while after the geany release.