[Geany-Devel] Proposal: move tag type ctags->geany mapping out of individual parsers

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Nov 8 18:30:15 UTC 2014

Le 08/11/2014 17:50, Colomban Wendling a écrit :
> Le 08/11/2014 12:27, Jiří Techet a écrit :
>> […]
>>
>> Good, if there's an agreement here, I can have a look at it. But I'll
>> wait until some of my TM patches get merged. There are a bit too many
>> of them floating around and I'm slightly getting lost in all of my
>> branches.
>
> I'll try to merge the tm branch as soon as possible, just a few small
> comments as you saw.
>
>> Another thing I have noticed is that it would be good to make
>> sTagEntryInfo as close to ctags as possible - for instance, the
>> "signature" member in Geany is called "argList" in ctags and
>> "seekPosition" is unused and not present in ctags.
>
> Good idea indeed.  I just gave it a look, and it should be pretty easy
> but for our "varType" field (a string) v.s. CTags' "typeRef" (a pair of
> strings of the form [kind, name]).  […]

I did the easy removals/renames in
https://github.com/b4n/geany/commits/ctags-tag-entry (that's on top of
TM branch, but easy to change or pick up specific commits) to see how
easy it'd be -- and this part was trivial.

Cheers,
Colomban