[Geany-Devel] RFC: Proxy plugins

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat May 10 21:47:17 UTC 2014

On 14-05-10 12:06 PM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> [snip]
> For python, maybe we can include geanypy/src/*.c in Geany or in
> a .so library. But if we don't want to end up with more 150+ KB proxies
> like geanypy, we'd better use introspection. I really admire Matthew
> and Lex for writing this thing, but that's hardly the best approach,
> and I don't expect many people to repeat it and maintain such proxy.

You can say it, it's actually the worst approach :)

It's works OK though, doesn't require additional tools (eg.
SWIG/Cython/etc) and is probably more efficient/smaller than using FFI
stuff from ctypes module, although it probably doesn't really matter here.

+1 for some form of introspection/code generation.