[Geany-Devel] Geany Releases

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Mar 31 22:49:29 UTC 2014

Since we are about to produce a new release I propose a change to the
Geany workflow.

More regular releases.

Acknowledging that Geany hasn't the number of contributors that say
firefox has, monthly would seem too often, so instead I propose an 8
week schedule:

- week 4 feature freeze, alpha release for testing
- week 6 string freeze, beta release for testing
- week 7 release candidate
- week 8 THE RELEASE!!!

Then we don't need to be so careful about changes, because problems
only last for a couple of months until the next release, and since
only a few new features will be added each release nobody will feel
that they have lost much if they have to downgrade due to bugs.

I therefore propose that the eight week period should start today April 1.

Happy upgrading.