[Geany-Devel] Request to merge PR #226

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Sat Mar 29 13:12:45 UTC 2014

On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:06:24 -0700
Shankhoneer Chakrovarty <shankhoneer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Last and least, pull request #191 and SF patch #11 are earlier than
> > #226. If one of them is applied, #226 will be seriously broken.
> >

> I had no idea about these PRs. Thanks for pointing this out. I will check
> them.

Hmmm... I wrote to the mailing list about them, answering to "shan chak
<shankholove at gmail.com>", though that's not identical to your account.

> So I guess what you are trying to suggest is:
> 1. Generalize the behavior for all the programming languages supported by
> geany. I have to find out which languages generate warning messages and
> which dont, this may take some time.

For the old parser, I think covering the example messages will be
enough.

> 2. Remove the hard coding of line_idx+2

Looking at the D/HTML examples, a simple indexing will not work.

> 3. Make changes for both regex parsing as well as older parsing method

Regex should be covered, of course... though that'll lead to even more
conflicts between PR #226 and PR #191-or-SF patch #11.

> If I make these changes, will then you merge the PR? Or Do I need to do
> more changes? Please feel free to give me feedback. [...]

Disclaimer: I'm not a leading developer, and can't merge your changes.
What I can tell you, however, is that the current partial PR #226 is
not very likely to be considered.

As the author of SF patch #11, I plan to extend it for warnings, using
code from PR #226, except for the parsing. But I don't have time now.

--
E-gards: Jimmy