[Geany-Devel] Plugin-Maintainer: Please review PR and comment on them/merge them

Pavel Roschin roshin at xxxxx
Sat Mar 29 09:42:29 UTC 2014

> >> ... well.... puh... At least it's not changing any string ;)
> >> However, will do it at the weekend.
> >>
> >> cheers,
> >> Frank
> >

> > Here is definitely false-positeve. cppcheck was confused by a terrible
> > define: return operator inside... Without return operator of course here
> > could be a bug.
> >

> Good static analyzer (eg. clang's static analyzer) can expand macros and
> would see the return. Maybe we could/should preprocess the code before
> we cppcheck it?
>
> IIRC Py_RETURN_NONE just expands to something like
>
>      Py_INCREF(Py_None);
>      return Py_None;
>
> I'm not opposed to using the full code like this, it's maybe a little
> nicer than the "fix" I mentioned in the PR comment, but IIRC there are
> multiple places where `Py_RETURN_NONE` and `Py_RETURN_TRUE/FALSE` are
> used like this that might also need to be updated.
>
> Cheers,
> Matthew Brush

cppcheck has ability to search includes, just add option
-I<path-to-python-include-dir> like for compiler
But it will increase checking time significantly. Other way - create simple
header file with this define implementation and use it with --include option.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Roschin aka RPG