[Geany-Devel] My PR isn't good ?

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Mar 29 00:35:17 UTC 2014

On 14-03-28 11:39 AM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 23:28:02 +1100
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> The last two are both windows.  None of the devs uses windows
>> regularly (and some like me refuse categorically to do so) so windows
>> changes will likely be slower than Linux ones anyway, simply because
>> fewer people will look at them and they need to make a special effort
>> to do so.
>
> This may change. Recent kernel and x11 updates made my wi-fi and video
> slower, and judging from the mailing lists, they will stay like this.
> Given the inevitable gtk+3, I plan to give Windows a try. As soon as I
> find out how to pull two years of updates before it catches a virus. :)
>
> (Actually, one of the "offline" updaters has a bash download script.)

You might like MacOS more than Windows if you like Linux, at least it
has bash and most common core utils and stuff, plus a proper terminal
emulator, and package managers to get good software onto it. The only
bad part is the user interface kind of sucks and you have to buy ugly
expensive hardware to run it, but it's still vastly better than Windows,
IMO :)