[Geany-Devel] My PR isn't good ?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Mar 28 12:28:02 UTC 2014

On 28 March 2014 22:21, Steven VALSESIA <steven.valsesia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody !
>
> I checked all my PR, didn't see any comment, but they're still not merged
> and i don't if there is a reason, or anything else.
> Can someone can check them ? :)
>
> I think it would be nice to merge the PR#224, since it already been a
> discussed PR !

Patience is a virtue, or so they tell me, I wouldn't know :)

Its only 3 days since you last updated #224.

There needs to be enough time for people with varying amounts of free
time to comment. (nobody does Geany as a job).

We need to allow at least a week in most cases.  If its big, difficult
or controversial expect at least a month ... or more ... much more :)

> I know the 2 other PR are maybe not good enough to be merged :)
>
> https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/224
> https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/219 (make the string more accurate with
> PR 218)
> https://github.com/geany/geany/pull/218 (let the user choose between Windows
> or Gtk color chooser)

The last two are both windows.  None of the devs uses windows
regularly (and some like me refuse categorically to do so) so windows
changes will likely be slower than Linux ones anyway, simply because
fewer people will look at them and they need to make a special effort
to do so.

Also we are just before a release so its a bad idea to commit things
that might introduce errors, since there is not much testing going to
happen before release, and even less on windows changes.

Thats not a comment on any perceived quality of those PRs.  But
anybody can make a mistake, thats why 1.23.1 followed 1.23 so quickly
last time, after a last minute change caused problems. This time
hopefully no last minute buggy changes will get committed :)