[Geany-Devel] Looking for features for a SQL plugin

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Mar 25 23:37:37 UTC 2014

On 26 March 2014 10:33, Matthew Brush <mbrush at codebrainz.ca> wrote:
> On 14-03-24 01:47 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>

>> A often wished feature at our boothes at e.g. Chemnitzer Linux Tage were
>> to have some kind of a SQL plugin for Geany, supporting executing
>> queries at the database.
>> As I'm also looking for something like this, I'm wondering what do you
>> think such a plugin should be able to do in some global view. I don't
>> think we will be able to build up another MySQLWorkbench or PGAdmin --
>> and this is also not my goal for a Geany plugin -- but most likley more
>> than an execution of queries might would be useful.
>>

> This would be a good project for GeanyPy as it has all kinds of modules to
> access various types of databases.
>
> One idea for the UI would be to do like Devhelp plugin does to add it's own
> help webview/notebook around Geany's, and then using gtktreeview or some
> libgda stuff make a gridview type of thing like is common in db/spreadsheet
> editors.

Agree, thats the sort of UI I had in mind.  Maybe with the (no)SQL
command that would be used to do the edit being shown in a line across
the bottom of the screen, where it can be copy and pasted into the
code :)