[Geany-Devel] Looking for features for a SQL plugin

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Tue Mar 25 23:33:05 UTC 2014

On 14-03-24 01:47 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> A often wished feature at our boothes at e.g. Chemnitzer Linux Tage were
> to have some kind of a SQL plugin for Geany, supporting executing
> queries at the database.
> As I'm also looking for something like this, I'm wondering what do you
> think such a plugin should be able to do in some global view. I don't
> think we will be able to build up another MySQLWorkbench or PGAdmin --
> and this is also not my goal for a Geany plugin -- but most likley more
> than an execution of queries might would be useful.

This would be a good project for GeanyPy as it has all kinds of modules
to access various types of databases.

One idea for the UI would be to do like Devhelp plugin does to add it's
own help webview/notebook around Geany's, and then using gtktreeview or
some libgda stuff make a gridview type of thing like is common in
db/spreadsheet editors.