[Geany-Devel] Geany plugin maintenance

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Mar 24 20:57:41 UTC 2014

On 25 March 2014 07:42, Shankhoneer Chakrovarty <shankhoneer at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As per the last discussion ( email subject: Hi! ) I started looking at the
> geany-plugin project. I found the following plugins orphaned:
> 1. codenav
> 2. geanylua
> 3. pretty-printer
> 4. shiftcolumn
>
> All these plugins are still alive (I think).
>
> I was not able to build geany-plugin as the configure expects geany version
> to be 1.24. I have geany version 1.23 installed in ubuntu. Can somebody
> please help me to install the geany-plugin? I have cloned geany and
> geany-plugin directory.

You need to build Geany first and then build the plugins for that.

You can build Geany without installing it in the system by:

1. assuming you cloned to /somepath/geany
2. cd geany
3. ./autogen.sh --prefix=/somepath
4. make install

NOTE: this does not use sudo, so you *cannot* overwrite the system
install, even if you forget the prefix :)

Then you build geany-plugins

1. assuming you cloned to /somepath/geany-plugins
2. cd geany-plugins
3. ./autogen.sh --prefix=/somepath --with-geany-libdir=/somepath/lib
4. make install

NOTE: again no sudo so it can't overwrite the system install

5. look at what complains and install missing dependencies, go to step 3 :)