[Geany-Devel] Geany plugin maintenance

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Mon Mar 24 20:53:36 UTC 2014

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 13:42:15 -0700
Shankhoneer Chakrovarty <shankhoneer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As per the last discussion ( email subject: Hi! ) I started looking
> at the geany-plugin project. I found the following plugins orphaned:
> 1. codenav
> 2. geanylua
> 3. pretty-printer
> 4. shiftcolumn
>
> All these plugins are still alive (I think).
>
> I was not able to build geany-plugin as the configure expects geany
> version to be 1.24. I have geany version 1.23 installed in ubuntu.
> Can somebody please help me to install the geany-plugin? I have
> cloned geany and geany-plugin directory.

You will need to start to build recent Geany from git. This can be done
via ./autogen.sh (from git ..), make sudo make install -- or using
waf ./waf configure && ./waf build && sudo ./waf install

After that you can start building the plugins. You might need to adjust
the path to make geany-plugins find your geany 1.24 (or just deinstall
the geany 1.23.1 package from ubuntu ;) ) However -- compiling the
plugins can be done in the same manner.

Cheers,
Frank