[Geany-Devel] Hi!

Shankhoneer Chakrovarty shankhoneer at xxxxx
Sun Mar 16 08:24:59 UTC 2014

Thanks Dimitar.

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:42 AM, Dimitar Zhekov
<dimitar.zhekov at gmail.com>wrote:

> - data.min_fields = 3;
> + data.min_fields = 5;
>
> Please note that parse_file_line() returns if length(fields) is less
> than data->min_fields. With the above change, anything with < 4 colons
> will be rejected.

Thanks for pointing out the error. I am now extracting all the tokens and
then comparing if number of tokens I have is less than data->min_fields.

> + if (g_strv_length(fields) == data->min_fields)
>
> N/A: parse_file_line() returns on length(fields) < min_fields, and the
> maximum fields to parse are min_fields, so length(fields) is always
> equal to min_fields at this point.

Thanks for pointing that out, I have made the corrections

+ {
> +  *type = g_strstrip(g_strdup(fields[data->line_idx+2]));
>
> Errr, why do you assume that type is always at line_idx+2?..

As far as I could understand, geany parses the error message by gcc
compiler. gcc compilers have specific error message format (
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.5.0/gnat_ugn_unw/Warning-Message-Control.html#Warning-Message-Control)
which is of the form <filename>:<line number>:<column
number>:<warning.error>:<message>. This format guarantees that 2 fields
after <line number> will be <warning/error>. So I used line_idx+2 to denote
type_idx. I should declare type_idx variable and assign line_idx+2 to it
which I think is more maintainable than the current version. What do you
think?

> --
>
> Finally:
>
> 1. You wrote support for the fallback parser only, and not for regex.

Yes because the regex parser was returning me NULL for c,cpp and java
files, so I wrote for the fallback parser only. I was unable to find the
root cause of why the regex parser is returning me NULL for these
filetypes.

> 2. This should be considered after either pull request #191 or SF
> patch #11 is applied. If the PR is chosen, this patch should be fully
> rewritten as capturing group <W> or something similar.
>
> Thanks,
Shankhoneer Chakrovarty