[Geany-Devel] Hi!

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Thu Mar 13 18:42:31 UTC 2014

On Tue, 11 Mar 2014 01:35:50 -0700
shan chak <shankholove at gmail.com> wrote:

> I pulled the geany source code, read the HACKING file and created a patch
> which categorizes the compiler errors into "error" and "warning" [...]

> If you guys have some time, can you please review the patch? If you need
> any more info, please feel free to drop me an email, I will be more than
> happy to explain it.

- data.min_fields = 3;
+ data.min_fields = 5;

Please note that parse_file_line() returns if length(fields) is less
than data->min_fields. With the above change, anything with < 4 colons
will be rejected.

+ if (g_strv_length(fields) == data->min_fields)

N/A: parse_file_line() returns on length(fields) < min_fields, and the
maximum fields to parse are min_fields, so length(fields) is always
equal to min_fields at this point.

+ {
+  *type = g_strstrip(g_strdup(fields[data->line_idx+2]));

Errr, why do you assume that type is always at line_idx+2?..

--

Finally:

1. You wrote support for the fallback parser only, and not for regex.

2. This should be considered after either pull request #191 or SF
patch #11 is applied. If the PR is chosen, this patch should be fully
rewritten as capturing group <W> or something similar.

--
E-gards: Jimmy