[Geany-Devel] Hi!

shan chak shankholove at xxxxx
Tue Mar 11 08:35:50 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

My name is Shankhoneer Chakrovarty (aka 'shankhs' ), I have been using
geany for past 3-4 years (mainly on my ubuntu ) and I have learned all my
programming skills on geany. So thank you!

Since I have been programming for 3-4 years now and also using geany, I
thought it will be great if I could give something back to the geany
community.

I pulled the geany source code, read the HACKING file and created a patch
which categorizes the compiler errors into "error" and "warning" and
correspondingly draws a different colored squiggle underline in the line
which caused the error. I have created the patch as mentioned in the
hacking file and attached with this mail.
If you guys have some time, can you please review the patch? If you need
any more info, please feel free to drop me an email, I will be more than
happy to explain it.

Also, I am reading the geany source code and modified some part of it to
suit my personal needs so if you need a hand in resolving bugs, please do
tell me. I am particularly interested in
https://sourceforge.net/p/geany/bugs/254/ .

Thanks,
Shankhoneer Chakrivarty