[Geany-Devel] RFC: Keybindings rewrite

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Mon Jun 9 20:30:25 UTC 2014

Am 06.06.2014 16:24, schrieb Yosef Or Boczko:
> I think it better to port to GAction instead of GtkAction (GtkAction
> has been deprecated since version 3.10 and will be removed in GTK+ 4),
> so it will be ease to port geany to GTK+ 4 in the future.
>
> Also, IIRC, there is a problem with GtkAction, wich cause to some
> accelactors
> to work only when the keywoard layout on Englisg.
> For example, most of the accelactors in epiphany dosn't work when the
> keywoard
> layout is Hebrew, and it will be solved when someone will port
> epiphany from GtkAction
> GAction.

Can you check if that isn't a bug with Epiphany? And if it occurs in
Geany as well? Geany's approach to keybindings is most trivial (at it's
core it does if (keyval == $KEY && modifier == $MODIFIER)). Gtk cannot
do worse, so I expect it to have something more smart (or be equally
dumb). So it sounds unlikely that Gtk has a locale-related problem that
Geany does not.

Best regards