[Geany-Devel] Autoclose-feature

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Sat Jun 7 23:03:06 UTC 2014

Le 28/05/2014 23:42, Johannes Lange a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am currently modifying the autoclose-feature in the following way: if
> you type the closing character right behind the opening one, the
> completion should be undone: ()) -> ()
> I find this useful e.g. if you've got a non-argument function and type
> the brackets (), or just an empty string "". IMO it's much faster to
> type the closing character manually than pressing the "right-arrow"-key.
>
> My question is whether you consider this sensible and thus if it is
> worth creating a pull request when I am content with my changes.

I hate the Geany builtin autocomplete feature[1], and since/if Pavel's
plugin does the same or better, I'd love to deprecate/remove this from
Geany's core.  So basically, no :)  You should rather contribute to
Pavel's plugin if there are some things to polish.

Regards,
Colomban

[1] I never liked any of these kinds of autocomplete, but Geany's one is
really terrible.