[Geany-Devel] RFC: Keybindings rewrite

Yosef Or Boczko yoseforb at xxxxx
Fri Jun 6 14:24:13 UTC 2014

I think it better to port to GAction instead of GtkAction (GtkAction
has been deprecated since version 3.10 and will be removed in GTK+ 4),
so it will be ease to port geany to GTK+ 4 in the future.

Also, IIRC, there is a problem with GtkAction, wich cause to some
accelactors
to work only when the keywoard layout on Englisg.
For example, most of the accelactors in epiphany dosn't work when the
keywoard
layout is Hebrew, and it will be solved when someone will port epiphany
from GtkAction
GAction.

Also, I think it will be good idea to port all geany to GApplication &
GtkApplication,
GAction and GOptionContext and other new GTK+ API.

Regards,
Yosef Or Boczko

בתאריך ו', יונ 6, 2014 בשעה 5:17 PM, Thomas Martitz
<kugel at rockbox.org> כתב: