[Geany-Devel] Proxy Plugins Update

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Tue Jul 8 18:15:05 UTC 2014

On Mon, 07 Jul 2014 18:48:00 +0200
Thomas Martitz <kugel at rockbox.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm still working on proxy plugins, sorts of. I thought it would be
> useful to give you an update.
>
>  [...]
>
> 1) backward-compat: Libpeas is fundamentally based on describing plugin
> metadata with a separate .ini-style file ($plugin.plugin). It cannot
> load plain .so files on its own.
>   -> I solved this by extending the libpeas parser such that it can
> parse the plugin description of Geany plugins, and generate a
> PeasPluginInfo from it. This way we can load existing plugins before
> they transitioned to the .plugin file.

Well, if we decide on libpeas, we can move the descriptions from .so
to .plugin at some future point. Hope you havent hardcoded the file
type to ".so", since it's ".dll" under Win~1.

> 2) backward-compat again: libpeas' existing C parser cannot load the C
> plugins because they do not implement a gobject interface.
>   -> For this I wrote a trivial custom loader which instantiates a
> "PeasGeany" interface instance (it has the traditional init(),
> configure(), help(), cleanup() methods) on behalf of the existing plugins.

This one should be part of Geany (there is no requirement to put the
custom loaders in separate libraries).

--
E-gards: Jimmy