[Geany-Devel] Compiler tab suggestions

Arthur Rosenstein artros.misc at xxxxx
Sat Jan 18 15:11:01 UTC 2014

On 11/01/2014 11:35, Lex Trotman wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Two ideas for the Compiler tab open for consideration:
>
> 1) Since both C/C++ compilers (g++, clang++) now output little ^
> characters which are supposed to point to the place where they got
> confused, I suggest that the compiler tab use a (real) monospace font by
> default, so the ^ is in the intended place.

I agree. Raw output is displayed in fixed-width font almost by convention.

> 2) After a compile, the tab should be scrolled back to the top since,
> AFAIK, most people clear up reported errors from the first to the last
> so they can identify and skip consequential errors caused by a prior
> compile error.

Probably relevant: I'm working on a Compiler Errors window (screenshot
[1]) which displays errors and other messages in a more organized
fashion. It's similar to the Errors List window in Visual Studio or
Problems view in Eclipse. It allows the user to filter, sort and keep
track of compilation issues. I can give more details if there's interest
in this.

[1]
https://raw2.github.com/artros/images/master/geany/compiler-errors-window.png

Arthur