[Geany-Devel] Compiler tab suggestions

Dimitar Zhekov dimitar.zhekov at xxxxx
Mon Jan 13 17:55:58 UTC 2014

On Sun, 12 Jan 2014 20:16:26 +1100
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12 January 2014 11:17, Steven Blatnick <steve8track at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > My external-tools plugin takes file paths and opens them like a blue link
> > in a webpage. The output is in a textarea-like instead of those table tree
> > structures. Maybe if the compiler pane output to a text buffer like that,
> > then maybe fonts would help. My plugin uses a monospaced font. (See
> > github.com/sblatnick/geany-plugins external-tools branch and directory).
> >

> Havn't tried your plugin, but like the the idea of using gtk_text_view
> widgets with file/line/column references text marked as links (instead of
> the gtktreeview and click on the whole line we use now).

Currently, single click or space positions you at the error/warning,
and double click/enter positions and focuses the editor. That's not
reproducible with a single link.

> This would also mean that text can be copied from the view (a regular
> issue/request).

Right click -> Copy, Copy All. Though it may be better to have multiple
selection for copying and use the cursor row for document positioning.

> The text view (when its not user editable as we would use it) is also less
> complicated than the tree view, and IIUC faster to add lines to, another
> bugbear with the treeview.

"Easier" as in "doesn't require/support structured data"? :)

--
E-gards: Jimmy