[Geany-Devel] [Geany-Users] Short downtime of geany.org and lists on Saturday, 11.1 starting from about 1pm UTC

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Jan 11 17:42:18 UTC 2014

On 09/01/14 12:37, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We need to do some maintenance at the host of geany.org which needs a
> little downtime. We will start at upcoming Saturday, 11.1 at about 1pm
> UTC / 14h CET) and expect that it will take maybe 2 or 3 hours.
>
> During this time at least these following services will not be available:
>
> - mailing lists
> - homepages *.geany.org/.de/.net
> - updatechecker plugin

All services should be up and running again.
If not, please notify me.

The downtime was longer than expected due to weird boot problems after
upgrading grub2 in combination with a degraded (but fully working) RAID.
Anyway, Frank and me resolved those problems, the host is running fine
again and so does the geany.org server.