[Geany-Devel] DMAP file type

Mark Robinson mark.robinson at xxxxx
Wed Feb 12 16:05:01 UTC 2014

Hi Lex,

Thanks; I'll proceed to pull and commit.

Regards...M

-----Original Message-----
From: devel-bounces at lists.geany.org [mailto:devel-bounces at lists.geany.org] On Behalf Of Lex Trotman
Sent: 11 February 2014 17:58
To: Geany development list
Subject: Re: [Geany-Devel] DMAP file type

On 12 February 2014 01:40, Mark Robinson <mark.robinson at mscsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> In October of last year, I made a request to Scintilla to add a new
> lexer to the Scintilla upstream component to support the DMAP
> language; the lexer was added to version 3.3.7 of Scintilla in
> December last year.  Currently Scintilla is at version 3.3.9

To be fair, there was only a week between 3.3.8 and 3.3.9 :)  The current version in Geany git HEAD is 3.3.6, its not known if this will be updated before the release.  The update rate tends to slow near releases to allow it to "mature" a bit.

> In anticipation of an update to Geany to use Scintilla 3.3.7 or later,
> I'd now like to add a new filetype to Geany which leverages the new
> lexer.  Back in October, I modified a few files in the build in order
> to support the new filetype.  How do I go about making these
> modification available to the Geany nightly system so they will
> eventually end up in the next official release?  Do I provide complete
> modified source, or a diff file showing the changes?

A pull request on github is the preferred path.

> Once the new filetype is in place, I have a new plugin ready for
> release to manipulate the DMAP language.  Do you know when Geany
> 1.24.1 (which I hope will include the new filetype) might make the scene?

1.24 is only waiting on a fix for a major bug in the windows version.
We think we might have that fix now.  I would guess its unlikely that anything else too major will be added before release to ensure its all reasonably mature and tested.