[Geany-Devel] DMAP file type

Mark Robinson mark.robinson at xxxxx
Tue Feb 11 14:40:20 UTC 2014

Hi All,

In October of last year, I made a request to Scintilla to add a new lexer to the Scintilla upstream component to support the DMAP language; the lexer was added to version 3.3.7 of Scintilla in December last year.  Currently Scintilla is at version 3.3.9

In anticipation of an update to Geany to use Scintilla 3.3.7 or later, I'd now like to add a new filetype to Geany which leverages the new lexer.  Back in October, I modified a few files in the build in order to support the new filetype.  How do I go about making these modification available to the Geany nightly system so they will eventually end up in the next official release?  Do I provide complete modified source, or a diff file showing the changes?

Once the new filetype is in place, I have a new plugin ready for release to manipulate the DMAP language.  Do you know when Geany 1.24.1 (which I hope will include the new filetype) might make the scene?

Thanks...M