[Geany-Devel] Scribble Font

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Feb 1 00:32:27 UTC 2014

On 14-01-31 03:47 PM, Steven Blatnick wrote:
> I think gtkcss only works on GTK3 and Linux Mint Debian Edition is still
> using GTK 2.24.20
> Should I write a little patch to make it use Monospace in the code and
> submit it?  (Is there interest to anyone else in such a patch?) Or is
> there another way short of editing the code that I'm missing?

You can use gtkrc files for gtk2, I think Geany even comes with it's own
for some custom themed stuff.
http://www.gtk.org/api/2.6/gtk/gtk-Resource-Files.html. I don't know
much about it but it seems totally reasonable that you could match the
Scribble textview either by gtkbuilder/glade name or class/hierarchy and
change its font.

If it's not possible, probably the best approach would be to extend
what's documented here:
http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#defining-own-widget-styles-using-gtkrc-2-0
for the relevant Scribble widget, so you can match it by GtkWidget name
in the gtkrc file (see main.c:L282).