[Geany-Devel] suggestion: Renaming GProject to ProjectTree

Jiří Techet techet at xxxxx
Sun Dec 14 23:01:21 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Martin Andrews
<Martin.Andrews at redcatlabs.com> wrote:
> If people really love the name "ProjectTree" for the former GProject,
> I'd be happy enough (but for the pain of renaming a bunch of stuff...)
> to rename my plugin "ProjectOrganizer" or something that doesn't
> conflict.

ProjectOrganizer could actually be a nice name for my plugin as well
since the plugin does some other things (so organizer =
FilteredProjectFileTreeAndFileIndexerAndFileSearcherAndHeaderSourceSwapper).
So if you like the ProjectTree name better for your plugin, just use
it and I can go with the other.

> All the Best
> Martin :-)
>
> PS: Before I set off to write my own plugin, I looked carefully at the
> options out there, and GProject certainly does a lot.  However, it
> didn't meet my basic requirement of being able to organize project
> files according to purpose - it (and others) wanted to always diagram
> files according to the file system layout (which is normally
> semi-predefined by a build tool).

This is something I did on purpose in my plugin because I made it
primarily for big projects and it's almost impossible to manually
organize thousands of files (and keep them organized while other team
members add/remove/rename files). In my opinion, the file system is
where the files should be organized properly and there shouldn't be
any need to map one file tree to another.

Cheers,

Jiri