[Geany-Devel] suggestion: Renaming GProject to ProjectTree

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Fri Dec 12 10:09:11 UTC 2014

Am 11.12.2014 21:32:22, schrieb Jiří Techet:
> Hi,
>
> I've just pushed quite a few changes to my GProject plugin
> (unfortunately in a single commit because I was making these changes
> while working on the tag manager and it was too painful to rebase
> multiple commits every time I changed the Geany API). If there are
> some problems, please let me know.
>
> Before announcing the changes on the users mailing list, there's one
> more change I'd like to make - make the plugin name a little more
> descriptive so it's easier to find by users who are looking for a
> plugin which displays a file tree in the sidebar. For this reason I'd
> like to rename the plugin to ProjectTree.
>
> Please let me know if you have a better idea for the plugin name or if
> you think renaming the plugin isn't a good idea.

It will need some extra work (instalaltion and building files, plugins.geany.org,
users inforamtion ...) but I think to make it more clear to the user it's worth
doing it.

Cheers,
Frank