[Geany-Devel] Windows GTK Runtime 2.24 and config directory

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Aug 31 23:13:44 UTC 2014

On 14-08-31 08:49 AM, Frank Lanitz wrote:
> Am 24.08.2014 um 21:08 schrieb Matthew Brush:

>>> And having in mind they will add some more magic with later versions of
>>> Windows I'm sure this is a bad idea.
>>>

>> What magic in what versions? And what's different if the Win32 API call
>> is in GLib vs Geany?
>
> I was referring to the layout changes in past and wanted to they, that
> I'm there will be some changes with further versions. Maybe wasn't very
> clear about that ;)

Using the Win32 API ensures that whenever the layouts change it won't
break as Windows will redirect them to the correct location or the Win32
API will internally deal with it. Using GLib functions won't give that
level of compatibility (see $subject).