[Geany-Devel] Windows GTK Runtime 2.24 and config directory

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Aug 30 12:04:38 UTC 2014

On 30/08/14 06:47, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 14-08-29 07:24 AM, Enrico Tröger wrote:

>>> I think it's probably the easiest solution, with the least code, and
>>> most compatibility. If you don't feel like coding it yourself, let me
>>> know and I can whip up a (real/working) function to do it. I've been
>>> doing a fair bit of Win32 API coding lately so it's fresh on my mind, I
>>
>> I don't mind, if you like to do it, I'd be happy to test the result :).
>>

>>> just can't get Waf working with my new setup because Geany's git tree is
>>> not on the C: drive anymore (it's on a mapped/shared drive), which makes
>>> Waf choke with errors about "no init function" (have you ever
>>> experienced this error?).
>>
>> Nope.
>> I remember on a prevous Windows VM I had Geany and library includes and
>> libs on a C: drive while the system itself (Windows, Python, ...) was
>> installed on a E: drive. That worked well though both were local drives,
>> nothing mapped.
>>
>> How do you start waf?
>> On my current setup, I added c:\python27 to $PATH, so in the Geany git
>> clone I just type:
>>
>> python waf configure
>> python waf build
>> python waf install
>>
>> and everything works fine.
>>

> By trial and error (for lack of Waf documentation), I was able to get it
> working again. Based on observations alone, it seems that if wscript is
> in the root directory of a drive (ie. `X:\wscript`), it requires "init"
> and "shutdown" functions to be present in the wscript. All I could find
> online was some waf source code that provides default implementations
> for these functions, but for whatever reason that doesn't happen when
> the wscript is in root dir.
>
> See attached patch for what got it going.

Should we commit this?
IIUC, this is a workaround for the drive letter bug in Waf? And so these
two functions are not needed anymore once the mentioned fix in Waf is
released?