[Geany-Devel] Windows GTK Runtime 2.24 and config directory

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Aug 30 11:45:14 UTC 2014

On 14-08-29 04:19 PM, Matthew Brush wrote:
> On 14-08-29 07:24 AM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> On 28/08/14 01:49, Matthew Brush wrote:
>>> [snip]
>>
>>> just can't get Waf working with my new setup because Geany's git tree is
>>> not on the C: drive anymore (it's on a mapped/shared drive), which makes
>>> Waf choke with errors about "no init function" (have you ever
>>> experienced this error?).
>>
>> Nope.
>> I remember on a prevous Windows VM I had Geany and library includes and
>> libs on a C: drive while the system itself (Windows, Python, ...) was
>> installed on a E: drive. That worked well though both were local drives,
>> nothing mapped.
>>
>> How do you start waf?
>> On my current setup, I added c:\python27 to $PATH, so in the Geany git
>> clone I just type:
>>
>> python waf configure
>> python waf build
>> python waf install
>>
>> and everything works fine.
>>

> For me, with Python33 in path, it goes like this:
>
> X:\>python waf configure
> No function init defined in X:\wscript
>
> X: is a geany source directory directory on my host machine shared to
> guest and mapped to X:

I asked about it on Waf's IRC channel and gave some details and it
turned out to be a bug in Waf with path joining and Windows drive
letters. Fix was pushed within an hour :)

https://code.google.com/p/waf/source/detail?r=adb3e907a47db5ac8537b7cf77c032bf4c90cb14&name=waf-1.7#