[Geany-Devel] Windows GTK Runtime 2.24 and config directory

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Aug 24 08:27:40 UTC 2014

Am 23.08.2014 um 01:22 schrieb Lex Trotman:
> On 23 August 2014 04:23, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> lately, I started building a new Windows installer which includes a
>> recent GTK 2.24 runtime for Windows which need for future releases.
>
> Hi Enrico,
>
> Do you have access to any reputation or signing certificates for
> windows applications?
> http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2012/08/15/10339518.aspx
>
> Might improve the windows experience.

Probably.
Though I personally don't intend to get such a certificate or get
involved into this matter deeper.

As long as I build the Windows installers and other binaries, I happily
will continue signing the binaries with my private CACert certificate
which I do since years already.

As the link above states, this also will help to build that
"reputation", in whatever way that works....