[Geany-Devel] Windows GTK Runtime 2.24 and config directory

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sat Aug 23 00:26:59 UTC 2014

On 14-08-22 11:23 AM, Enrico Tröger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> lately, I started building a new Windows installer which includes a
> recent GTK 2.24 runtime for Windows which need for future releases.
>
> [snip]
>
> - add some code to check if a config in <...>\Roaming exists and if so,
> move it to <...>\Local
>

> I'd implement the last choice if there are no objections. This is not
> nice because we implement again some magic "config directory move" code
> but at least the user won't notice that GLib change.

Sounds fine to me, even just a one-time dialog telling the user about
the change would be useful. Either way the code be put inside win32.c
and guarded with an #ifdef G_OS_WIN32 so it doesn't mess up unrelated
source files.

FWIW, I don't think this is the first time the config directory moved.
Even between WinXP and Windows7 the actual directory used had changed,
causing a little confusion (for me at least).