[Geany-Devel] build.c missing win32.h include

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Thu Aug 7 23:19:01 UTC 2014

On 14-08-07 02:58 PM, Colomban Wendling wrote:
> Le 07/08/2014 23:38, Enrico Tröger a écrit :

>>> -Werror-implicit-function-declaration
>>>
>>> I use the following when building Geany, and although it shows a few
>>> warnings (one in Scintilla that is fixed upstream, a few harmless const
>>> promotions, and a few non-literals passed as printf-like formats) it's
>>> pretty neat, maybe we'd like to be able to look at these in the logs.
>>> Not sure it's so important though.
>>>
>>> -Wall -Wextra -g -O2 -Wunused -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunreachable-code
>>> -Wformat=2 -Wundef -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings
>>> -Waggregate-return -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
>>> -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-noreturn -Wmissing-format-attribute
>>> -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Werror-implicit-function-declaration
>>> -Wno-deprecated-declarations
>>
>> Thanks.
>> I applied these to the Windows nightly builds and also printed the used
>> CFLAGS into the logfile (for reference).
>>
>> http://nightly.geany.org/win32/build_win32_geany_stderr.log
>
> Hum, this is weird.  There are many more warnings that I saw locally,
> and the compiled code looks outdated -- when I go to e.g.
> "src/symbols.c:579: warning: will never be executed", I see... an
> accolade starting the function body.

s/accolade/brace/ ... maybe the hook/timer that updates from Git stopped
working or something?

> Also, the headers used seem to generate a lot of shadowing warnings, so
> maybe we should disable this one.  Though, some are really weird, like
> having a math.h having a global "y0" symbol!?

Looking in my MinGW math.h, it seems you need to define _NO_OLDNAMES to
get rid of those non-ANSII names. It might also be useful to define
__STRICT_ANSI__ to get rid of more non-std/non-prefixed names.

> Anyway, as-is it's not really useful, so maybe we should either fix the
> warnings or remove the flags triggering them when not important.

It would be a lot more useful if there's a way to hide errors that
originate in "system headers" (ie. not any of ours).

@Enrico, is there anyway to make the "nightlies" rebuild on a Git hook
instead of only once per day? Like maybe giving 10 minutes buffer time
to allow merging massive branches without re-compiling a bunch of times.
It would be more immediate feedback on how badly one has broken Windows
build :)