[Geany-Devel] build.c missing win32.h include

Colomban Wendling lists.ban at xxxxx
Thu Aug 7 21:58:39 UTC 2014

Le 07/08/2014 23:38, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
> On 07/08/14 18:41, Colomban Wendling wrote:
>> Le 07/08/2014 18:24, Enrico Tröger a écrit :
>>> [...] I'd like to make the nightly
>>> builds a bit stricter especially if it helps to spoil out such problems.
>>>
>>> Any idea how to make such warnings error without using -Werror? I'm
>>> afraid -Werror is too hard for cross-compiling.
>>
>> -Werror-implicit-function-declaration
>>
>> I use the following when building Geany, and although it shows a few
>> warnings (one in Scintilla that is fixed upstream, a few harmless const
>> promotions, and a few non-literals passed as printf-like formats) it's
>> pretty neat, maybe we'd like to be able to look at these in the logs.
>> Not sure it's so important though.
>>
>> -Wall -Wextra -g -O2 -Wunused -Wno-unused-parameter -Wunreachable-code
>> -Wformat=2 -Wundef -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings
>> -Waggregate-return -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
>> -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-noreturn -Wmissing-format-attribute
>> -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Werror-implicit-function-declaration
>> -Wno-deprecated-declarations
>
> Thanks.
> I applied these to the Windows nightly builds and also printed the used
> CFLAGS into the logfile (for reference).
>
> http://nightly.geany.org/win32/build_win32_geany_stderr.log

Hum, this is weird.  There are many more warnings that I saw locally,
and the compiled code looks outdated -- when I go to e.g.
"src/symbols.c:579: warning: will never be executed", I see... an
accolade starting the function body.

Also, the headers used seem to generate a lot of shadowing warnings, so
maybe we should disable this one.  Though, some are really weird, like
having a math.h having a global "y0" symbol!?

Anyway, as-is it's not really useful, so maybe we should either fix the
warnings or remove the flags triggering them when not important.

Regards,
Colomban