[Geany-Devel] multiterm should be disabled if no valac is found

Matthew Brush mbrush at xxxxx
Sun Apr 27 19:24:59 UTC 2014

On 14-04-27 05:39 AM, Dimitar Zhekov wrote:
> $ ./autogen.sh
> checking for valac... valac
> configure: WARNING: no proper vala compiler found
> configure: WARNING: you will not be able to compile vala source files
> Plugins:
> MultiTerm: yes
>
> $ make
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/build/projects/plugins/testing/multiterm/src'
> VALAC multiterm_la_vala.stamp
> /bin/bash: valac: command not found
> make[3]: *** [multiterm_la_vala.stamp] Error 127
>
> I fetched a clean git, just to be sure there's no some older
> configuration left.

Yeah I guess AM_PROG_VALAC() just issues those warnings instead of
failing as I'd have expected.

In a perfect world, the generated *.[ch] files would be distributed and
when compiling (from tarball at least) no Vala compiler would be required.