[Geany-Devel] Plugin manager interface

Thomas Martitz kugel at xxxxx
Thu Apr 24 05:07:38 UTC 2014

Am 24.04.2014 03:26, schrieb Colomban Wendling:
> Again, I don't particularly like the "all embedded, fat dialog" design,
> and again, most of the plugins simply want to display a web page.  And
> no, we won't depend on a web rendering engine for this, sorry.
>
>> Any suggestions?
> Do something simple, not Eclipse.

What is simple for you, then?

I would argue the current design is fat, as it is 3 distinct dialogs.
And it is overly unintuitiv:
* Managing plugins is at one place
* Managing their settings is at another place
* Except for the keybindings which are at yet another place

I really like the design proposed here, and it aligns with my idea of
simple, clean and user-friendly.

PS: Why would most plugins want to show a web page, knowing that the
user can only visit it in a external web browser? If I was a plugin
author (sometimes I am) I would avoid a web page for that reason alone.

Best regards.