[Geany-Devel] Plugin manager interface

Federico Reghenzani federico.dev at xxxxx
Wed Apr 23 20:12:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Pavel Roschin <roshin at scriptumplus.ru>wrote:

> Hello!
>
> There are some inconveniences in current plugin manager window:
> - plugin description is too long and is hard to read because of window
> width
> - too many actions user need to perform to get access to plugin settings
> - no plugin search feature
> - too many windows: settings - window, keybindings - window, help - window

+1 current plugin manager window can be improved.

> I tried to make some sort of concept of plugin manager interface design.
> Maybe
> you will find it interesting:
> http://pbrd.co/1jBUM4f
>
> Alternative (move description to bottom):
> http://pbrd.co/1jBUOJh
>
> I personally prefer the first, but both are good solutions.

> I offer:
> - add search field

0 for now not very necessary

- remove unnecessary labels
> - remove plugin description from list

- show plugin description as tooltip or show it in status bar

-1 Maybe it could be moved under the plugin/authors/filename,
it's essential to understand what the plugin does...

- show plugin settings immediately
> - show plugin keybindings as tab where user can check keybindings _only_
> for
>   this plugin
> - show help as a tab (of course there should be API for help window with
> rich
>   text, maybe show readme)

+1