[Geany-Devel] Any votes for a "Project-Tree" plugin?

Martin Andrews Martin.Andrews at xxxxx
Fri Apr 18 07:21:39 UTC 2014

> martin I will push the code for my project view sometime this weekend,
got a few things on so not sure when i will get a minute.

Oly : Thank you - I've just installed the geanypy from upstream (
https://github.com/codebrainz/geanypy) to play with.

Lex : For the "packaging issues" : I understand that having a plugin as
part of the geany-plugins ecosystem is no walk-in-the-park.  On the other
hand, it's definitely good to know that other people can make use of what
one is building - even if that means having to stay on top of things if
there are breaking changes in APIs, etc (or indeed, good patches, bug
reports or ideas submitted).  I agree that starting off 'third party' may
be a good idea, although it would make sense to structure the package so
that it could be dropped into the main tree relatively painlessly, later.

Cross-fingers I can make sense of the Pythonic interface : It would be
great not to have to do a ton of string/tree manipulation in C.

Best Wishes
Martin
:-)